Wednesday, April 15, 2009

God Has No Phone Problems

I am elated that the new phones came in today. They're "free" and that's even better. We've really been a phone-problem family of late. I've been having issues with my Motorola phone for 2 years (won't make that mistake again--back to Nokia)--the first time, the speakerphone died, so I sent it back and they gave me a new one. The speakerphone promptly died again within a month, so I just lived with it, but a couple months ago, something else went wrong internally. The result was I could only hear the person on the other end of the phone clearly if there was nothing happening on my end. And that's hysterical since at least one of the three kids is almost always making noise. It almost sounded like I was eavesdropping through a keyhole.

Doug's phone has been giving him Sim card error messages--he'll think all is well with the world, look down, see the error, and find out he's missed a half a day's worth of phone calls....and that he has an irate wife at home who has worried herself needlessly when she can't get ahold of him.

And what has this experience taught me? That I'm very thankful that God doesn't use cell phones. Can you imagine how bad it would be to think that when I needed to call God, He wouldn't be there to listen to me because of a technology error? Or that His phone's speaker was broken and He couldn't understand what I was saying? I really take for granted the priviledge of being able to pray to Him anytime, anywhere, and know that He's always ready, able, and willing to listen, even if the prayer is, "Please, God....let her sleep just 10 more minutes."

Oh--24 hours and counting without an accident in our underwear!!! Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment