Friday, June 12, 2009

One Hot Day



The weather down south is no longer pretending to be refreshing and cool. Just stepping out the back door takes me to my own personal, God-provided sauna. I knew it was hot when I stood next to a roaring fire and couldn't tell much of a temperature difference.

And what does my family do when it's hot? Nothing sensible like stay indoors and run the wheels off the air conditioners. No. Two grandparents, 3 kids, a mommy, and an uncle dip themselves in sunscreen, pack like well-oiled sardines into a mini van, and drive 45 minutes to visit the zoo...to eat ice cream, of course. And a fun, exhausting time was had by all.

But on a serious note, if you get a chance, pray for us some rain. Our earth is dry and needs to drink again.

No comments:

Post a Comment