Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Made It !!!

"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate" (Psalm 127:3-5).

Although we celebrated on Sunday, today is Amelia and Emerson's first birthday. The biggest deal about any party in our family isn't activities or location--it's all about the cake. And like my mother before me, I make the cake, myself, as a way to express my love. But this time, I was crazy enough to undertake the behemoth task of transforming two sheet cakes into two 3-D block cakes myself, a task that has permanently cured me of any desire to be a professional cake decorator.

Looking back, many of the last 365 days haven't felt "blessed" while I lived through the chaos that is raising twin babies and a two-year-old. But I know in my heart that each day has been a blessing because I was allowed the chance to live and watch my little babies grow into little people. One year ago today, I didn't know if I would get that chance.

My quiver is full...and when all three arrows are placed inside, it's too heavy to carry anymore.

When I look past the diapers, the crying, the poo, the laundry, the arguments, the lack of sleep and the rock-eating, I know for sure--I am blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Amelia and Emerson...and congrats to you, mommy, for making it thru another year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an accomplishment. More than I can grasp. (Our goal was no more little people than either hands or parents.) Happy day to the kids, and congratulations to you and Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly rejoicing with you! My own grandson turned one year old on Oct. 20! But you have twins, and Wyatt... you deserve a crown.

    Maybe I haven't told you, but I admire you, your perseverance, your willingness to learn, you have taught me so much, and being a part of what God is doing in your life is such a privilege and honor for me.

    I've come to love you, dear Jennifer. You're doing great!

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your words of encouragement. Some days, I literally count down the hours until the evenings when I can sit down and read the Word and your blogs for a taste of Christian friendship. :-) It's all good!

    ReplyDelete