Monday, October 19, 2009

Autumn's Arrival

This past weekend, autumn finally arrived to south Louisiana. My house smelled the burn of dust on heaters unused since last year. The bed rested again beneath the heat of an electric blanket. And my mother's potted plants moved to their winter resting place. With what our friends in the midwest and north have been experiencing, a frost could be right around the corner.

But today, we did not think of the winter to come, of the preparations that still need to be made. We simply enjoyed the wonders of autumn God had displayed before us. We supped at His table and were filled by his beautiful creation. The beauty.

Of running in the warm afternoon sun without breaking a sweat. Of moss hanging from the evergreen tree.Of the first chrysanthemum blossom opening its petals.Of summer's promised fruit turning from solid green to hues of orange. Of seeds forming new life within for the spring to come."He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jennifer,
    I love the pictures you posted on this blog entry.

    Maybe I haven't told you this before, but your blog is really one of my favorites...I try to read up on your past posts whenever possible. This morning I was up early, and in a while I will be sitting at my favorite chair to begin my devotional time with God.

    But I took a few minutes to visit your blog, and read up the past seven posts eagerly.

    I want to encourage you even as you must still be feeling the pain of the division of your spiritual family. That pains not only you, but also the very heart of God. I stand with you for the healing of wounds. May there be forgiveness found on every heart, a willingness to let go of hurts and offenses.

    How I appreciated reading your heart about the hungry woman asking for help at the intersection, the lost book, Wyatt's tantrums ... Hang in there, dear Jennifer. What we go through in life is God's way of perfecting His corporate bride, that He may present us, the church to His son, without stain or blemish.

    Just want to encourage your heart today...someone from across the seas is feeling with you. Thank you for sharing so honestly.

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Those photos are INCREDIBLE, Jennifer. May you be blessed this autumn season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love those pictures! I'm so sad that winter's on the way...

    ReplyDelete