Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Joyful Noise


Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness;
come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God;
it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise;
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations. (Psalm 100)

While these three pictures may not look like much, they're of this morning's "choir rehearsal" at my house. With a day of fussiness looming before me, I made a tactical decision to spend the entire morning on the kitchen floor.

Mommy Sitting = mommy isn't accomplishing anything, so you don't have to cry.

To add some excitement to my day, I took out some metal cake pans and tried to teach the twins how to beat on them like a drum.

I know--I've lost what little mind I had left. But it was fun.

Amelia wasn't too interested in anything save chewing on the wooden spoon, but Emerson took a few swats as he grinned knowingly: "This will drive mommy crazy if I do it enough!"

Wyatt? Well, he wanted to beat on the pan with a metal spoon, which was way too loud, so he brought in a Wee Sing book, and we sang it from cover to cover. Of course, he had to wear the shower cap I brought home from the hotel this past weekend.

What else do you wear when you're making a joyful noise to the Lord?

1 comment:

  1. Sweet music. Memories you will have forever, whereas you'd likely forget the work you got done.

    I've so been there a thousand and one times. I need to follow your lead and do the same.

    Think I'll go snuggle Sophie a while.

    ReplyDelete