Monday, November 30, 2009

Taking Pictures with My Heart

The word "ponder" means "to think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply," or so says old Mr. Webster.

On this cold, rainy day, God has continuously brought to my mind a single verse: "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."(Luke 2:19).

In a world before Kodak and Nikon, every picture Mary took was stored away in her heart. Only a mother could take some of those shots. Only a mother's heart would be pierced by the small things that others would just ignore.

And so I've been quietly treasuring some recent special moments that make motherhood worthwhile:

Afternoon open-mouthed kisses from the twins.

Wyatt asking me to pick him up so he could see himself in the mirror and then smiling as he said, "Heh heh heh. I'm beau-ti-ful."

Three sets of eyes lighting up after being away from mommy for a few hours.

Wyatt scribbling "letters" on a paper, which he gave me as he said, "This is for you, mommy. For my BEST friend mommy."

And just the other day, Wyatt sitting on top of the picnic table (a "no-no") and putting his hand out to keep Amelia from falling. Already protecting his little sister.
My heart is full tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment